Happy Friday! I’m not even going to lie, I’m so glad this week is over. I was fired (womp, womp) and I’m still sick, but you know what – when one door closes, another one opens. And it really does! I landed my biggest paying job yet, my blog traffic has never been higher, and I realized that the only person who is going to really invest in me is myself. With that being said, you’ll hopefully start seeing a lot more content here and I’m going to be working harder than ever to bring you stuff that really inspires and motivates me. You guys really seem to love the home posts so maybe I’ll work on more of those. In the meantime, here’s a little Friday Five to get you through the weekend!
- If you haven’t checked out Madewell’s ridiculous sale going on, now’s the time! Stuff if selling out fast. I picked up some great basic tee’s and cute sandals.
- My friend Lucia told me about a fundraiser for Tiyya, a non-profit to benefit refugee children. So pick up a backpack and some school supplies from this Amazon wish-list by August 1st. Any help is appreciated!
- Speaking of backpacks, State Bags is a great place to find stylish back to school bakcpacks and they give back to local communities and kids in need here in Brooklyn. So pick one up for Tiyya and do double the good!
- Dying to check out this new Italian place in the city!
- One of my favorite design blogs mention my little apartment, go check it out!
PS – Thank you guys for all your DMs, comments, and calls about my post yesterday. I’m just having a little moment with IG and even though I’m don’t think I’m going anywhere, I just might have to do a clearing out of who I’m following and try and find my inspiration with it again. Who do you love to follow? Leave their handle in the comments below!
Image via Jasmine Dowling.