This post was sponsored by Athleta.
Happy Monday Everyone! It’s a new week and while I’d normally be feeling the “Monday Scaries”, today I’m focusing on starting my week off on a high note. After struggling with my health and anxiety for a few months, I’m finally getting my routine back on track. I’ve noticed that when I’m staying active, getting plenty of rest, and eating right, I feel so much better overall. As busy Moms, I know that’s not always the easiest to do so today I’m sharing 5 workouts that you can do anywhere and in no time at all.
- Jump Rope – You guys, I’m not kidding you when I say jump roping is probably the hardest cardio but also my favorite. Did you know it burns more calories than running?! I do it in 3 sets. First I do 1 minute with a 30 second rest. Then I do 2 minutes with a 30 second rest and then follow that up with 3 minutes and your last 30 second rest. You’ll be sweating in no time! That’s why I love the Stealth TruCool Pants from Athleta. They are ventilated to wick sweat away from your body to dry on the surface. No matter how much I sweat I’m always super comfortable.
- Push Ups – Grab a bench and do a 3 sets of 10 pushups resting for 30 seconds in between. Or you can do them on the ground if you have a mat. I like doing them on an incline to make sure I still have good form and a straight back. I’m still working up my upper body strength and have a tendency to slouch into them.
- Sprints – Now, I hate running. It’s probably my least favorite thing to do. But if I break it up into small sprints then I don’t have to do too much of it. I normally do 5-8 200 meter sprints with 2-3 minutes walk rest between sprints. Do the first couple of sprints at 60-80% max effort and then the remaining sprints at 85%+. Your lungs will be killing you but you’re going to build a lot of endurance.
- Lunges – Lunges are a great workout for toning your legs and butt and there are a ton of variations you can do so you don’t get bored. I ‘ll switch up between 20 or so walking lunges to 3 sets of 10 reverse lunges.
- Arms – I bring a light set of weights with me when I know I’m doing a park workout after drop off. Since the weights are really light I just make sure to do a lot of reps. I make sure to work my biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Sometimes I’ll tune into Tracey Anderson’s arm workout on Youtube and that really helps me feel the burn.
This workout probably takes me about 35 minutes from start to finish but I’ve found that’s all I really need to feel like I’ve gotten in a good workout and burned a lot of calories. My biggest tip for making sure you’re ready to go in the morning is putting out your workout clothes the night before and putting them on first thing in the morning. I love this shirt and these pants because once I throw on my leather jacket I feel like I can go from drop off to the gym without looking like a hot mess and feel great during my workout.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support Lucky Penny. I only work with brands I truly use and like. All words and opinions are 100% my own.
Photos by Julia Elizabeth for Lucky Penny