What are you plans for Valentine’s Day? Do you exchange gifts? Go to a fancy dinner? I may be a little on the cynical side, but it’s not really the holiday for me. Of course, I’m not going to be mad waking up to a sweet card from my hubby or a small bouquet of flowers, but I definitely don’t expect anything big or sparkly. In fact, the real way to my heart is sweets!
So today I thought I’d share with you my favorite spots for desserts in NYC for some sweet treats! I didn’t include ice cream (though you can find that post here) because I just wanted to stick to the other loves of my life.
- City Bakery – hands down my favorite chocolate chip cookie in the city. Just the right amount of salty and sweet. Gooey but also crunchy.
- Broken Tart – you may remember them from the girls’ birthday party. Everyone was texting me the next day where they could get their hands on more of those cupcakes. Not only are they beautiful, but they are even more delicious!
- Supermoon Bakehouse – This LES installment is a spinoff from the ever popular Mr. Holme’s Bakeshp that I fell in love with in San Francisco. The cruffins and banana split sundae twice-baked croissant are one of the desserts in NYC not to be missed!
- New Territories – Instagramable milkshakes that you can’t miss if you’re in town!
- Union Fare – Come for the exploding cupcakes (yup! you heard me right!) but stay for the many scrumptious croissants, cinnamon rolls, and the lavender blueberry muffin which is my personal favorite.
- Baked – Not a newcomer on the dessert scene by any means, so an oldie but a goodie. Their brownies are my favorite on the planet. They have a cookie baked inside a brownie (I forget the name) but even though it sounds like something that could be too sweet, its just right for me.
- Dominique Ansel – Edie used to go to school when we first moved here right around the corner from here which was dangerous! Anyways, that was back when they first started their cookie shots and it was our favorite after-school snack. The madeleines are not to be missed either!
What’s your favorite sweet? Brownie? Pies? Cakes? Tell me below!
Photo by Carter Fish for Lucky Penny.