You know the drill. You’re trying to get the kids dressed, fed, out of the house on time, and you’re last in line to get ready. You probably just throw on some yoga pants and hurry out in the shirt you slept in and a top knot. I feel you! I’ve been there (and lets be honest, I still am!). It’s the “Mom Morning Routine”.
One of my resolutions this year was a broad goal to “take care of myself”. One way I do that is doing little things in the morning to make myself feel good. This morning routine takes me about 3 minutes and I leave the house feeling a little more put together, presentable, and with a smile on my face. Here’s my 9 simple steps:
- Brush – Tulip sent me a set to try out and for the past two months my mouth has been super happy! Their toothpastes taste great and their toothbrushes really hold up. Their subscription service simplifies my life and I’d recommend it to anyone (my husband even wanted a set for himself!).
- Sunscreen! – This is the step that no matter how late I’m running or whatever other steps I have to skip, I never leave the house without sunscreen. I have super fair skin and the best thing I can do to protect my skin and prevent premature aging and cancers is to use sunscreen. Supergoop!’s Everyday sunscreen isn’t greasy, blends in easily, and provides SPF 50+ coverage.
- Anti-Age – I just started using Sunday Riley’s “Good Genes” and I’m a total convert. I only use this every other day as I have sensitive skin but I notice an immediate difference in my skin tone and texture. Definitely worth the investment!
- Moisturize – New York winters can be harsh and really take a toll on my skin. This moisturizer keeps the redness away and replenishes my skins antioxidants.
- Conceal – This concealer is lightweight and moisturizing and perfectly covers up and imperfections or dark circles that I wake up with. RMS is also one of my favorite brands for eyeshadows.
- Curl – A necessary step to making sure I look wide-eyed and awake. I use this curler.
- Lengthen – I’ve tried a million mascaras, high-end and drugstore, and this is my go to every single time. I’d rather spend money on a nicer foundation because this mascara has never let me down and adds volume and length without clumping. Plus, the price tag makes it easy to replace every other month.
- Highlight – Glossier is my go to for a few products (like their Balm Dot Com and Priming Moisturizer) but this Haloscope hands down my favorite thing in my makeup bag. It gives the perfect shine and dewy glow that even my husband notices.
- Define – Like I said, I can’t get enough Glossier! I’ve used a few other brow gels but I think Boy Brow adds the most tint and structure without clumping and stays on for a good amount of time.
- Tint – This compact lip tint is the perfect shade of rosy pink and it’s small enough to toss in my bag wherever I go. I also dab a little on my cheeks if I’m feeling extra fancy.
There you have it! Nothing too fancy right? Let me know if you try it out and what you think! Is there something in your make-up bag that works wonders for you? I’m really trying to expand my morning routine for days when I have a little more time so I’d love to hear your recommendations below!