It’s been a long week! The girls’ summer camp has been cancelled the last two weeks so it’s been mommy summer camp while I’ve been sick. It’s not easy running around the playground when you’ve got a fever but luckily they play really well together and made some new friends. Edith even started a scooter gang called “The Buttercups”. She recruited like 8 kids and they even made up a song to perform to all the grown ups. It was the highlight of my week (and made me fearful for teenage years at the same time!). Here’s the five things on my mind this week!
- We just got back from a party at Egg Shop this morning with Seedling. Their toys are so cute and imaginative. My girls love the sushi set and the design your own butterfly wings!
- My friend ShiShi shared this commercial on her Instagram and I’m so grateful she did. I don’t have TV so I don’t keep up with commercials of the moment but this one moved me to tears and is a great reminder to those of us with privilege that it’s never to young to talk about race with your kids.
- Since I’ve been sick, I’ve been going through tv shows like it’s my job. So here are my five approved shows – Master of None, Insecure, Ozark, Friends from College, and Game of Thrones (obviously).
- Just bought this skirt and I know I’m going to wear it all the rest of summer and through fall.
- My husband and I went on date night the other day to Camperdown Elm. It’s a new restaurant in our neighborhood and it was delicious. One of my dear friends from High School opened it and I couldn’t be happier for him. GO check it out and don’t skip on the fried muffins and squid cracker with mackerel paté. It was AMAZING.
Have a great weekend!
Photo by Julia Elizabeth.